Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What are the services provided by ACTVET Licensing Department?
- Issue a Training Licence.
- Renew Training Licence.
- Change the Training Licence details.
- Change location.
- Change Name.
- Change Owner / Partner.
- Change the Academic Director.
- Change Activity.
- Cancel the Training Licence.
- Approval to conduct a training course in a hotel.
- Approval to host a trainer/lecturer.
- Approval to Advertise.
- Issue/renew “No Objection Certificate” to deliver National Qualifications.
What are the requirements to have a new Training License?
- Feasibility Study, lease agreement, Partnership contract, Trade
license (Initial approval),Sample of logo registered in Ministry of
Economy, Sample of course completion certificate, List of courses
(short description, price & duration).
- Owner / Academic Director Applications : Identification Document
Application with a Scanned Photo, Colored Copy of (Family Book with
page 26, Passport with Unified Number, Passport with the Visa for
Non-GCC Countries, Emirates ID Card, Attested Qualification,
Certificate of Good Conduct), Experience Certificate,CV, Employment
Contract for Academic Director.
What are the requirements for Training center premises?
- Located in a commercial building or the mezzanine / commercial
floor. Completely independent of any other business.
- Floor area is of 100 m2 (minimum).
- One training room 30 m2 (minimum).
- One management room (minimum).
- Reception area / waiting area with seats.
What are the steps followed to obtain the Licence?
Step 1: Submit the application and the required
documents to the Business Center-Department of Economic Development or
Step 2: Submit all the
required documents through licensing on-line system.
The Licensing specialists evaluate the owner’s documents, assesses the
Academic Manager’s documents and interview the Academic Manager.
Step 4: A site inspection to make sure the center meets
ACTVET Licensing Standards.
Step 5: Pay the service
Step 6: Obtain the required service.
Who is eligible to obtain a No Objection Certificate (NOC) to deliver national Qualifications?
Governmental and private educational organizations in Abu Dhabi and the
Northern Emirates (except Dubai) that conduct training programs for
different sectors can apply for an NOC to deliver National
What are the prerequisites to start registration process?
- Valid Trade Licence
- Valid Training Licence
- Initial registration with the National Qualification Authority
What is the registration process to deliver National Qualifications?
- Complete and submit the Full Registration Form to the
Accreditation Section- ACTVET Licensing and Accreditation department
- Provide the documents required for initial evaluation
- The Documents will be evaluated by the Accreditation Team then
an initial visit will be carried out to assess the Origination’s
- Carry out an assessment based on the NQA Registration Criteria
- The evidence provided by the center and the inspection findings
will be analyzed and a report will be generated
What are the fees for the services provided?
- New Training Licence AED 5500
- Renew the Training Licence with one activity AED 3000
- Renew the Training Licence with 2 activities AED 4000
- Renew the Training Licence with 3 activities AED 5000
- One change to the Training Licence AED1000
- More than one change to the training Licence AED2000
- Cancel the Training Licence AED 2000
- Obtain an approval to host a /trainer/lecturer AED 500
- Issue/renew “No Objection Certificate” to deliver National
Qualifications AED 5000