Steps to Becoming a Registered Training Provider (RTP)
Registration of Training Providers
Registration of Training Providers is the approval granted by ACTVET to Training Providers, having met the Quality Assurance Standards for the Registration (QASR) of Training Providers to deliver National Qualifications in the United Arab Emirates (UAE) as determined by the National Qualifications Authority (NQA) and the Vocational Education and Training Awards Council (VETAC).
Steps to becoming a Registered Training Provider (RTP)
STAGE 1 – INITIAL REGISTRATION WITH THE NATIONAL QUALIFICATIONS AUTHORITY (NQA)
Apply for an Initial Registration with the National Qualifications Authority (NQA). You will need to enter general information about your organization, in addition to uploading the documents prescribed below. If approved, NQA will provide you with an approval e-mail and a registration number that you will represent to the Awarding Body ACTVET.
The documents required for the initial registration are as follows:
Private Training Providers operating in Abu Dhabi need to upload a valid commercial license from the Department of Economic Development and an ACTVET License.
Private Training Providers operating in the Northern Emirates need to upload a valid commercial license from the Department of Economic Development and an educational license from the Ministry of Education.
Government Providers operating in the UAE need to upload a copy of a Decree or Resolution.
Apply for an Initial Registration with the National Qualifications Authority (NQA) CLICK HERE
to obtain an Initial Registration Number to deliver National Qualifications:
STAGE 2 – FULL REGISTRATION WITH ACTVET
Apply for Full Registration with ACTVET by following the below steps:
Assessing Organization Capacity:
ACTVET will conduct an initial inspection visit to assess the Training Provider’s organisation capacity to deliver UAE National Qualifications against Quality Assurance Standards assigned by the Vocational Education and Training Awards Council (VETAC). This step will be carried out by ACTVET Licensing and Accreditation Department.
- Centre Approval:
ACTVET Qualifications Department will conduct a centre approval. This step consists of:
- Assessing the capacity of the Licensed Training Provider’s staff to deliver UAE National Qualifications. It will require the Licensed Training Provider to submit the following documents of trainers, assessors and verifiers:
- Application Form to become a Trainer, Assessor or Internal Verifier
- Assessor Occupational Competence Application
- Copy of Emirates ID
- Copy of CV
- Copy of Trainer, Assessor or Internal Verifier certificates
Once the capacity of the trainers, assessors and internal verifiers have been approved, the occupational competencies of the staff members will be mapped against the National Qualifications they are able to offer.
An initial centre approval visit from ACTVET Qualifications Department will be conducted to
evaluate that the Licensed Training Provider’s assessment and verification processes are in
place. Licensed Training Providers who are not yet ready will be forwarded by ACTVET
Qualifications Department a developmental action plan for completion, another visit will be
Capable Licensed Training Providers will be granted a Registered Training Provider (RTP)
License and can start delivering National qualifications.
*Note: For a Training Provider to be granted RTP status, it must fulfil all the requirements stated above.
After the official launch of the Training Provider as an RTP by NQA, The Registered Training Provider can complete the “Candidate Registration List” to enroll candidates on an approved National Qualification and submit it to ACTVET Qualifications Department.
STAGE 3 – DELIVERY, ASSESSMENT, INTERNAL VERIFICATION AND CERTIFICATION
- During programme delivery, the External Verifier (EV) of ACTVET conducts a second formative External Verification (EV) visit to monitor and evaluate the internal quality and assessment processes conducted by the Registered Training Provider (RTP) to ensure that their process aligns with the Awarding Body and National Qualifications Authority (NQA) Standard.
- Upon completion of the programme, the Registered Training Provider (RTP) completes the Candidate Certificate Claim form for certification from ACTVET Qualifications Department.
- The External Verifier (EV) of ACTVET conducts a further External Verification (EV) visit to the Registered Training Provider (RTP) to evaluate the assessment and Internal Verification process conducted by the Registered Training Provider and approve the list of learners’ certification to be issued.
- RTP provides transcripts against the names of the approved list of candidates.
- Learners’ certificates will be issued by ACTVET.