A Rewarding Work Experience for every Young Emirati!
YES to Work Spring 2017 targets Emiraties between 15-21 years old and involves various work locations in Abu Dhabi, Al Ain, Western Region, Dubai & Sharjah.
The two-week program, which will be held during the Sping Break, provides students with the chance to gain professional experience in a real work environment and acquire specific knowledge by effectively being engaged in a retail environment.
The participants in the YES to Work Initiative that successfully complete the program will receive a certificate of participation. If the student returns and completes all 4 stages, they will receive a certified qualification in Retail Services accredited by the UAE National Qualification Authority-NQA.
Requirements for Application
• Applicant must be between 15 and 21 years old
• Applicant must be a UAE National or son/daughter of an Emirati mother
Learn more about the initiative at www.yestowork.ae - REGISTER HERE
YEStoWork Initiative aims at:
• Building the capacity of young Emiratis;
• Encouraging Emiratis to work in the private sector;
• Empowering youths by providing them with specific knowledge, skills and best practice through job shadowing, training and apprenticeship programs;
• Including UAE national talents in the private sector market place;
• Informing UAE nationals about the range of opportunities available outside the public sector and the government;
• Developing further opportunities of employment for Emiratis.
WORKSHOPS & TRAINING – Stage 1 Participants
A workshop with highly qualified training staff will be provided to all stage 1 participants at the Abu Dhabi Centre for Technical and vocational Education and Training Institutes (ADVETI). The training session prepares the student for the work placement and provides them with basics of management of retail services. The knowledge acquired during the training will be functional for obtaining a certification in Retail Services from ACTVET. The dates of the Workshop and Training will be confirmed to the participants after successfully completing the interviews after registration.
WORK PLACEMENT – All Participants
The students are provided with the opportunity to experience the part time job by working for five hours a day with a thirty minutes’ break (e.g. from 10:30 am till 3:30 pm). Participants will have the flexibility to choose between morning or evening shifts. Students will be able to gain experience in various professional areas such as: sales, customer service, stock replenishment, and many others.
Watch the video and learn more about our students' success stories